The Battle for Calradia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pi clan topic

5 posters

Go down

Pi clan topic Empty Pi clan topic

Post  CFR Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:45 am

Clan: Pi
Clan Roster: http://www.hobo-town.com/pi/rooster.php
Kingdom name: Realm of Fantasia
Troop Tag: Fantasian

Tier 1
* Villager - The common villager often forced to fight in battle. Equipped with basic weaponry and clothing they defend there villages and towns in a mode of rage and desperation.
Armour - Hats: Often none though occasionally a Strawhat.
Clothing: Basic clothing made from, Wool, rabbit, deer or other basic pelts.
Boots: leather.
Shields: NONE
Mount: NONE
Weapons - Combat: Pitchforks, Machete, 1 handed wood cutting axes, Sickle, Bones, Mallets.
Ranged: Javelins

Tier 2
* Barbarian - The barbarian loved by most, these fearless and brave warriors are the glory of the land and the people of fantasia.
Armour - Hats: Woad Paint (various selections) giving no real armour value.
Clothing: Furs and Woad Paint (various selections Give little/no real armour value)
Boots: Leather and trousers
Weapons - Combat: 2 handed axes, Skull Clubs, Claws
Ranged: NONE

* Hunter - The hunter, a bazaar and mysterious warrior within the fantasian ranks, rarely seen and often used for hunting animals or tracking others.
Armour - Hats: Camo Paint (various selections) giving no real armour value.
Clothing: Furs.
Weapons - Combat: Shortsword, Machete, Claw
Ranged: Blowdarts, Crossbow, Throwing spears

* Horsemen - The horsemen, the most fearsome warrior a bazaar and deadly warrior, feared by others they act as law enforces as well as hardened warriors.
Armour - Hats: ALWAYS Head of a horse
Clothing: Furs
Shields: Skinned wooden shields
Weapons - Combat: Spears, Morningstars, Long polearms, Scythes, Claw sticks
Ranged: NONE

Pi - Nicknamed after the saying Pure Insanity, a phrase often given to the men and women within the Realm of Fantasia, a realm ruled by a delusional king. The kingdoms men and women are often placed in to battles fighting armies, much great in size than that of there own.

The kingdom itself is situation just north of the maps center, within a desolate icy climate a containing forest of measles to the east, a forest which is feared even by the locals due to the vast numbers of poisonous spores within it, many enter not knowing weather they will return. Warriors are often stationed outside the forest with small parties entering the infringements to gathering beasts for there fur. Mountains to the south give access to fresh water via the river Parabis, which flows from the steeps to the north east coast line. Stone is also gathered along with bear, wolf and other animals from the mountains.

The Kingdoms banner is that of the polar bear a symbol of the most prized animal within the kingdom, and the one animal which must not be hunted and in doing so can result within the death penalty. Warriors often dress within the furs of creatures and the furs are a symbol of status.

BANNER TO APPEAR
MODELS AND TEXTURING TO BE DONE
CFR
CFR

Back to top Go down

Pi clan topic Empty Re: Pi clan topic

Post  CFR Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:14 pm

Updated, feedback is welcome Smile
CFR
CFR

Back to top Go down

Post  SCGavin Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:51 pm

The descriptions of the troops and Fantasia look quite nice and seem well thought out. I think however, that these fighters wont stand much of a chance against other factions. If I imagine a lightly armoured and armed Fantasian fighting a heavily armoured and armed Reveran soldier, I believe that the Fantasian would need really much skill to win. Not everyone clan/person necessarily sets out to win, so this might not disturb you. If you don't mind loosing, I do believe that a faction like this would add to the general flair of Calradia as it will be shown in this mod.

By the way, are you EU or US?
SCGavin
SCGavin

http://guardofistiniar.darkbb.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  CFR Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:01 am

Thank you, it was well thought out and has two mods in planning to go with it, Fantasia which is all about its kingdom and sewerjack is about one of the festivals of fantasia.

The faction is bound to be weaker to hits but the clan consists of 5 friends currently and our aim is never to win but to show off and have fun, as for myself I always have the basic armour anyway. Not sure how others will find it though I think it will add to the fun and with it being more about exotic characters will look pretty awesome.

Models and Texturing begins tonight, and web production is the aim for today.
CFR
CFR

Back to top Go down

Post  Arch3r Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:27 am

It's always nice to have a faction that aims to be in the barbaric setting. Instead of heavy armor that the Reveran's invest in, they could invest in high athletics and power strike to be an agile and strong warrior rather than heavy infantry.
Arch3r
Arch3r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CFR Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:42 am

Yep, I will be meet the team in an hours time and we will get to work on models and textures to aim for a fast release.
CFR
CFR

Back to top Go down

Post  CFR Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:51 pm

Re reading though and realized I never said but EU.
CFR
CFR

Back to top Go down

Post  CFR Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:22 pm

Update on Progress

The last few days have been a learning curve for me and 2 other Pi members as we got together for 2 nights of crazy work, the fantasian villager is now almost complete, armour left to do, we had a few modelling issues with the armour, with holes being left causing invisible bodies.

Another new learning curve was scene creation, we have started work on 2 fantasian based scenes.

Well Im out need to sleep.
CFR
CFR

Back to top Go down

Post  Arch3r Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:20 am

Custom scenes for villages is a nice idea.
Arch3r
Arch3r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HULKSMASH Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:35 am

Yeah, I think that each clan should have to make their own scenes.
HULKSMASH
HULKSMASH

Back to top Go down

Post  CFR Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:01 am

It allows the clans to have there towns and villages suited to there needs, for instance having stone buildings and walls in the middle of the desert just would not suit the fantasian culture or climate.
CFR
CFR

Back to top Go down

Post  SCGavin Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:22 am

HULKSMASH wrote:Yeah, I think that each clan should have to make their own scenes.
We'll come to the point where every clan would need a modding team to participate, though (coders, modellers, texturers, sceners). I think that might be a bit problematic for some clans.
SCGavin
SCGavin

http://guardofistiniar.darkbb.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  HULKSMASH Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:06 pm

Well, its pretty easy to learn how to scene. You just go in, experiment, and presto!
HULKSMASH
HULKSMASH

Back to top Go down

Post  CFR Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:01 pm

Welcome to Pi.

5 members

Me - Programmer, Models, Textures, Scenes
Pandemonium - Models, Textures, Scenes
Halfy - Models, Textures

Our other 2 have yet to be educated in the art, plans to meet them on tommorrow after work for an hour or 2 and teach them. I am fully self taught and have taught others.

The following are what we use
Anim8or - Models (Most use wings3d, but we find this easier)
Paint.net with .dds filetype addon - Textures (Most use photoshop, we choose free Very Happy)
Open brf - compiling
Scenes - in game editor

I dont think all clans need to do this just its nice and it helps to get you in the mood, also we are working on our own mod at the same time which will use various scenes, models and textures we are creating for this.

If people want halfy and pande will work on a series of videos to teach in the art of each section. I an aim to get people moving forward.
CFR
CFR

Back to top Go down

Post  CFR Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:20 pm

Anyway some more little things from Fantasia

Thanks to Pande for the showings Smile
Spoiler:

Some more to be posted tommorrow
CFR
CFR

Back to top Go down

Post  Arch3r Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:56 am

Looks brutal, but the first axe is a but too low on quality.
Arch3r
Arch3r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CFR Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:47 am

texturing is only basic I hope to get the chance to edit them though I go away on sunday for a week.
CFR
CFR

Back to top Go down

Post  Pandemonium Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:06 am

Arch3r wrote:Looks brutal, but the first axe is a but too low on quality.

i've re-done it since then looks alot better was just lazy when i was making that.

Pandemonium

Back to top Go down

Post  CFR Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:40 am

Moving forward:

We have started our clan post we will be quiet over the next 2 weeks but then we will do a push, in the next 2 weeks we hope to get more members to join pi then spend a week teaching members to do various aspects of modelling, scene making, programming all sorts so we can move TBFC forward as well as our own mod fantasia.

See our forum post at: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,103455.0.html
and read the fantasia mod section looking for feedback Wink
CFR
CFR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum